What is personal branding?
Most of the times, people associate the concept of branding with companies, celebrities or sports figures. Thinking that you must have a product or service to advertise to explore branding altogether isn’t correct. Every person has a brand to work with, and it is constituted by their digital footprint, resume, and reputation. The Anthony Michael Group is here to help you tidy up your personal brand.
What factors are building your brand?
Nowadays, almost all hiring managers will go on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) to get a quick impression of who you are. This is how most people form first impressions. Another crucial factor of your personal brand is your resume. It should contain relevant details about your education and experiences while giving a sense of appeal and professionalism. Last but not least, you have your reputation, which is what is being said about you within the industry, including previous bosses, subordinates, co-workers or clients.
There are two questions you should ask yourself as you begin to build your personal brand:
- When the potential hiring manager thinks of your name, what would you want him to associate it with?
- Is there a particular area in which you want your potential employer to perceive you as an expert?
What does your digital footprint look like?
When was the last time you Googled yourself? You might be surprised with all the information that is already available about yourself. Also, did you know that you can set up alerts to notify you when your name appears going forward? This can serve as a great tool to help you check for new entries on a regular basis.
- Do you have a professional picture associated with your LinkedIn profile and is the information on it up-to-date?
- Does your profile mirror your resume properly and does it accurately communicate who you are and your accomplishments?
- Have you reached out to previous and present colleagues and bosses to ask for recommendations that can be shared on your profile?
Make sure your resume is a good reflection of your personal brand. Also, ensure that it is setup in such a way that your potential employer can easily scan it and get a quick snapshot of your capabilities and be intrigued enough to read it again for more details. The Anthony Michael Group is here to help you brand yourself successfully. Contact us today at 720-961-1800.